Join The Park People as we launch the third annual Oak Leaf Discovery Tour Passport event. This event goes on all summer long and starts with your purchase of the Oak Leaf Discovery Tour Passport. This pocket sized book has pictures and information about 21 county park locations along or near the 115 mile Oak Leaf Trail. When you visit these destinations, you collect special "stamps" or “keywords” in your passport. Collect at least 8 unique stamps or a combination of 8 stamps and keywords, register your passport, and be eligible to win prizes at the end of summer.
Prizes include impressive bikes, biking
supplies, and gift certificates for local businesses and venues.
· OLDT Passports sell for $5 each. If your group has not gotten passports yet be sure to contact The Park People volume pricing. If you would like a speaker to come tell your group about the OLDT, contact Cheri Briscoe , email@example.com.
OLDT Passport participants have until Oct. 6 to collect stamps and keywords for in person registration at any Wheel and Sprocket location, Rainbow Jersey Bike Shop, or South Shore Cyclery. New for this year you can register your passport on-line here.
The End of Summer Party party with music and a drawing for prizes will be on Sunday, October 12, 1-4pm at Estabrook Park. To qualify for the drawing you will need to collect a combination of 8 unique stamps and keywords. Official rules are on the back page of the passport.
· If you are in an organized group that is doing rides, runs, or walks to get passport stamps, let The Park People know so we can promote your event on our website.
1. ACTIVATE you passport before collecting stamps or keywords.
2. Visit OLDT locations and collect one unique stamp from each. Collect a minimum of eight (8) unique OLDT stamps or a combination of 5 stamps and 3 keywords in your Passport or on a sheet of paper to be eligible for prizes at the Oak Leaf Discovery Tour Party & Concert, October 13th, 2013 at Estabrook Park.
3. Register for the prize drawing by showing your passport at:
- Any Wheel and Sprocket location
- Rainbow Jersey Bike Shop
- South Shore Cyclery
Register your stamped Passport or stamped sheet of paper to prove you have collected 8 unique OLDT stamps or keywords ONLINE.
4. Registered entrants need not be present at the Oak Leaf Discovery Tour Party & Concert to be eligible for prizes.
5. One entry per person.
NOTE: All Parks and Parkways close at 10 p.m.
All net proceeds from the sale of Passports will be used for enhancements of the Oak Leaf Trail.
If you have questions about The Oak Leaf Discovery Tour, please contact us!
Passport locations may be closed due to unforeseen circumstances
Oak Leaf Discovery Tour
Passports can be purchased at the following locations:
(dependent on the weather and if the golf clubhouses are open)
Passports are sold for $5
Brown Deer Park Golf Clubhouse
7835 N. Green Bay Rd. Milwaukee
Currie Golf Clubhouse
3535 N. Mayfair Rd. Wauwatosa
Dretzka Park Golf Clubhouse
12020 W. Bradley Rd. Milwaukee
Grant Park Golf Clubhouse
100 E. Hawthorne Ave. South Milwaukee
Greenfield Park Golf Clubhouse
2028 S. 124th St. Greenfield
Lincoln Park Golf Clubhouse
1301 W. Hampton Ave. Milwaukee
1750 N. Lincoln Memorial Drive, Milwaukee
Warnimont Park Golf Clubhouse
5400 S. Lake Drive Cudahy
Wehr Nature Center
9701 W. College Ave. Franklin
Boerner Botanical Gardens
9400 Boerner Drive, Hales Corners
Wheel & Sprocket Stores at:
13925 W. Capitol Drive Brookfield
6940 N. Santa Monica Blvd. Fox Point
5722 S. 108th St. Hales Corners
528 Wells St. Delafield
South Shore Cyclery
4758 S. Packard Ave. Cudahy
OR through the Park People website at: