Join The Park People for the the fifth annual Oak Leaf Discovery Tour Passport event which starts on May 1st and runs through October 8th. This event starts with your purchase of the Oak Leaf Discovery Tour Passport. This pocket sized book has pictures and information about 28 county park locations along or near the 118 mile Oak Leaf Trail. When you visit these destinations, you collect special “keywords” in your passport. Collect at least 10 unique keywords, register your passport, and be eligible to win prizes at the end of summer.
Prizes include impressive bikes, biking
supplies, and gift certificates for local businesses and venues.
NEW FOR THIS YEAR!
- All stops will be Keywords, no stamps this year. We figured you are tired of visiting the same clubhouses year after year.
- This year the tour will concentrate on "Points of Intrest" along or near the Oak Leaf Trail. Each passport contains designatd "corridors" and each keyword site among these corridors has a QR Code that can be read with your smartphone. The QR Code will take you to a webpage that describes either some history of that particular site or its cultural significance. If you don't have a smartphone we have all of the keyword sites listed here.
- We are incorporating walking or hiking opportunites among the keyword sites.
· OLDT Passports sell for $5 each. If your group has not gotten passports yet be sure to contact The Park People for volume pricing. If you would like a speaker to come tell your group about the OLDT, contact Cheri Briscoe, firstname.lastname@example.org
· OLDT Passport participants have until Oct. 4th to collect stamps and keywords for in person registration at any Wheel and Sprocket location, Rainbow Jersey Bike Shop, South Shore Cyclery or Johnsons Cycle and Fitness. Or better yet you can register your passport on-line here.
To qualify for the drawing you will need to collect 10 unique keywords. Official rules are on the third page of the passport.
· If you are in an organized group that is doing rides, runs, or walks to get passport stamps, let The Park People know so we can promote your event on our website.
1. Visit OLDT locations and collect one unique keyword from each. Collect a minimum of ten (10) unique OLDT keywords in your Passport or on a sheet of paper to be eligible for prizes at the Oak Leaf Discovery Tour Party Saturday, October 8th, 2016 at the Landing at Hoyt Park.
2. Register for the prize drawing by dropping off your passport at:
- Any Wheel and Sprocket location
- Rainbow Jersey Bike Shop
- South Shore Cyclery
- Johnson's Cycle and Fitness
Register your Passport or sheet of paper containg keywords to prove you have collected 10 unique OLDT keywords ONLINE.
3. Registered entrants need not be present at the Oak Leaf Discovery Tour Party & Concert to be eligible for prize give aways.
4. One entry per person.
NOTE: All Parks and Parkways close at 10 p.m.
If you have questions about The Oak Leaf Discovery Tour, please contact us!
Passport locations may be closed due to unforeseen circumstances
Oak Leaf Discovery Tour
Passports can be purchased at the following locations:
(dependent on the weather and if the golf clubhouses are open)
Passports are sold for $5
Currie Park Golf Clubhouse
3535 N. Mayfair Rd.
Brown Deer Park Golf Clubhouse
7835 N. Green Bay Rd. Milwaukee
Dretzka Park Golf Clubhouse
12020 W. Bradley Rd. Milwaukee
Grant Park Golf Clubhouse
100 E. Hawthorne Ave. South Milwaukee
Greenfield Park Golf Clubhouse
2028 S. 124th St. Greenfield
Lincoln Park Golf Clubhouse
1301 W. Hampton Ave. Milwaukee
524 S Layton Blvd., Milwaukee
Warnimont Park Golf Clubhouse
5400 S. Lake Drive Cudahy
Wehr Nature Center
9701 W. College Ave. Franklin
Johnson's Cycle and Fitness
6916 W. North Ave.
Hoyt Park - Tosa Pool
1800 N. Swan Blvd.
Wheel & Sprocket Stores at:
13925 W. Capitol Drive Brookfield
6940 N. Santa Monica Blvd. Fox Point
5722 S. 108th St. Hales Corners
528 Wells St. Delafield
South Shore Cyclery
4758 S. Packard Ave. Cudahy
Rainbow Jersey Bike Shop
4600 North Wilson Drive Shorewood
OR through the Park People website at: