*A printable map in pdf format is avaialble at the bottom of this page
Join The Park People as we launch the forth annual Oak Leaf Discovery Tour Passport event which starts on May 1st. This event goes on all summer long and starts with your purchase of the Oak Leaf Discovery Tour Passport. This pocket sized book has pictures and information about 26 county park locations along or near the 118 mile Oak Leaf Trail. When you visit these destinations, you collect special "stamps" or “keywords” in your passport. Collect at least 8 unique stamps or a combination of 8 stamps and keywords, register your passport, and be eligible to win prizes at the end of summer.
Prizes include impressive bikes, biking
supplies, and gift certificates for local businesses and venues.
NEW FOR THIS YEAR!
Passports will include a full size color map of the Oak Leaf Trail (24X36in.) complete with stamping site locations as well as other significant trail opportunities on land and water. The one thing we heard loud and clear from participants last year is that they loved the incorporation of a map with their passport. That is why we decided to increase its value by providing a larger map that contains other trail/park user information.
A new corridor to discover!
The Kinnickinnick River corridor which starts at McCarty Park and ends at Humboldt Park.
· OLDT Passports sell for $5 each with map. If your group has not gotten passports yet be sure to contact The Park People volume pricing. If you would like a speaker to come tell your group about the OLDT, contact Cheri Briscoe, firstname.lastname@example.org.
OLDT Passport participants have until Oct. 8 to collect stamps and keywords for in person registration at any Wheel and Sprocket location, Rainbow Jersey Bike Shop, or South Shore Cyclery. Or better yet you can register your passport on-line here.
To qualify for the drawing you will need to collect a combination of 8 unique stamps and keywords. Official rules are on the back page of the passport.
· If you are in an organized group that is doing rides, runs, or walks to get passport stamps, let The Park People know so we can promote your event on our website.
** Please note that the address and hours for the Domes is incorrect in the passport. The actual address is 524 S. Layton Blvd. The hours are 9am - 5pm.**
1. Visit OLDT locations and collect one unique stamp from each. Collect a minimum of eight (8) unique OLDT stamps or a combination of stamps and keywords in your Passport or on a sheet of paper to be eligible for prizes at the Oak Leaf Discovery Tour Party Saturday, October 10th, 2015 at Estabrook Park.
2. Register for the prize drawing by dropping off your passport at:
- Any Wheel and Sprocket location
- Rainbow Jersey Bike Shop
- South Shore Cyclery
- Johnson's Cycle and Fitness
Register your stamped Passport or stamped sheet of paper to prove you have collected 8 unique OLDT stamps or keywords ONLINE.
3. Registered entrants need not be present at the Oak Leaf Discovery Tour Party & Concert to be eligible for prizes.
4. One entry per person.
NOTE: All Parks and Parkways close at 10 p.m.
All net proceeds from the sale of Passports will be used for enhancements of the Oak Leaf Trail.
If you have questions about The Oak Leaf Discovery Tour, please contact us!
Passport locations may be closed due to unforeseen circumstances
Oak Leaf Discovery Tour
Passports can be purchased at the following locations:
(dependent on the weather and if the golf clubhouses are open)
Passports are sold for $5
Currie Park Golf Clubhouse
3535 N. Mayfair Rd.
Brown Deer Park Golf Clubhouse
7835 N. Green Bay Rd. Milwaukee
Dretzka Park Golf Clubhouse
12020 W. Bradley Rd. Milwaukee
Grant Park Golf Clubhouse
100 E. Hawthorne Ave. South Milwaukee
Greenfield Park Golf Clubhouse
2028 S. 124th St. Greenfield
Lincoln Park Golf Clubhouse
1301 W. Hampton Ave. Milwaukee
524 S Layton Blvd., Milwaukee
Warnimont Park Golf Clubhouse
5400 S. Lake Drive Cudahy
Wehr Nature Center
9701 W. College Ave. Franklin
Johnson's Cycle and Fitness
6916 W. North Ave.
Hoyt Park - Tosa Pool
1800 N. Swan Blvd.
Wheel & Sprocket Stores at:
13925 W. Capitol Drive Brookfield
6940 N. Santa Monica Blvd. Fox Point
5722 S. 108th St. Hales Corners
528 Wells St. Delafield
South Shore Cyclery
4758 S. Packard Ave. Cudahy
OR through the Park People website at: